Posted by Amish Keshwani | Posted in Google, SEO, Search Engines | Posted on 18-01-2012
Innovative SEO : Learn & Share All About SEO
In continuation to my previous post on Google Plus : Bitter or Better , this post is more about the impact of Google+ SERP on SEO. In last post, I have share that, how Google reads individual search pattern, track & analyze the data through web history. Now, this impacts along with what your friends in your G+ circles are sharing while you search for anything in Google+ search.
Google+ : SEO Impact
I clearly sense the two major objective of Google behind this Google+.
- Gaining market share in Social Media
- Improve the trustworthiness of results & give personalize touch to result pages.
So, by now its very clear that, based on your web history & what your friends have shared on web, you will get personalized results. It simply means that, if you are a business, then you need to have Google+ page & need to get added by people in their circles so that you can get maximum possibilities to appear in personalized search results. But Do this impact to all ?
Well, not really. This will impact to major search patters where there is clear trend, where people are sharing content on social media. For ex, for Brand Management, there are lot of pieces of content you will find on web shared by many company & people. (thats where you can utilize rel=”author” or rel=”publisher” tag… hint ) , but if you look for Squishing machine or dewatering screw press, there is hardly any community which shares content about this. So, in this area I don’t think Search Results will get much impact.
So, What should be the strategy ?
Well, Now Google has 2 kind of SERP (Generic & Personalized) so you also need to have 2 kind of SEO strategy. SEO Strategy for normal SERP & SEO strategy for Personalized SERP.
- Efforts will be different as you need to earn “people to let them add in their G+ circles” when you optimize to Personalized SERP along with your normal On-page stuff.
- This requires more effort, more content, more attention.
- Instead of links, here you need +1 for your post
- Need to share high quality , relevant content.
So, What are the take away for any business from this update ?
- Google will try to improve the proportion of signed in people..
- Companies will need to find ways to earn the ‘social approval’ of influencers in their niche
- SEO now is not just SEO, its now part of Branding Campaign. Now, only SEO will not work, you need combination of SEO+SMO+ORM=Total Branding
Have you tried the Google+ SERP yet ? Have you noticed any changes in SERP placement for your site on a respective keyword ? Feel free to share your experiment/thought in the comments. Lets explore G+ together & don’t forget to give +1 to this post
About Amish Keshwani
Amish Keshwani, Google Analytics Qualified Individual, Digital Media Marketing Professional with 8+ years of experience in the Search Industry, earned expertise in SEO (On Page, Off Page optimization), SEM (Google Adwords, Yahoo, Bing & other paid marketing sites), Social Media Marketing, Email Marketing & other indirect approaches of Online Marketing. Read more about Amish Keshwani